Plough Book Sales
Online Catalogue last updated 28th of April 2016
The Portable Steam Engine by W.D. Wansbrough
Subtitled, "Its Construction and Management A Practical Manual for Owners and Users of Steam Engines Generally".
A reprint of a book published in 1911 at the heyday of portable engine construction.
- The Evolution of the Portable Steam Engine
- The Portable Steam Engines of To-Day
- Some Standard Types of Single Cylinder Engines
- The Compound Portable Engine
- Some Special Types of Portable Engines
- Practical Hints on Use and Management
- The Slide-Valve and its Action
- The Index Diagram
Some of the makers that are covered include:
- Brown & May
- Clayton & Shuttleworth
- Davey Paxman
- Wm. Foster.
The book covers the theory and design of steam engines with reference to valves gear setting and indicator diagrams.
Code No. 005033, 168 pages, ISBN 1857610679, $37.00
This item is listed under the following subjects:
Home Page | Contents Page (Catalogue) | Information Pages | What's New | Links | Search Entire Site | Order Form
Plough Book Sales, P.O. Box 14, Belmont, Vic. 3216, Australia
Phone: 03 52661262 (International +61 3 52661262)
FAX: 03 52662180 (International +61 3 52662180)
© 2001-2008, Plough Book Sales