Plough Book Sales
Online Catalogue last updated 17th of September 2023
Means Heavy Construction Handbook, guide to estimating & evaluation
Written by R.C. Ringwald & F.J. Hopcroft.
Essential Information for Heavy Construction
Contractors, Engineers and Government Officials ...
Anyone Engaged in Performing or Overseeing Heavy
- Easy to Use: Information on the problem at hand ... whether selecting the right number of haulers, choosing the best compaction method, or projecting equipment repair and maintenance costs.
- Comprehensive: With equipment descriptions and uses, definitions, productivity tables, procedural models, to support decisions on heavy construction methods, equipment, & scheduling.
- Authoritative: Guidance for using Means Heavy Construction Cost Data to prepare reliable estimates.
- Proven: Successful management and supervision approaches, based on respected industry standards
- In-Depth: With hazardous waste site assessment and remediation.
About the Authors:
Richard C. Ringwald, PE, has 30 years' experience
as a heavy construction/highway contractor and engineer.
An American Institute of Contractors board member and
an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association.
Mr. Ringwald teaches heavy construction at Iowa State
University, Construction Engineering program.
Francis J. Hopcroft, PE, is a noted expert on hazardous waste management and disposal, a consultant to
numerous firms and government agencies, and a faculty
member of Northeastern University.
The publisher R.S. Means Company has been the
leading publisher of construction cost data and reference
books. The company services over 250,000 construction
professionals throughout North America. Clients include
contractors. architects, engineers, facility managers,
developers, appraisers, educators, and municipal and government agencies. Means also provide electronic data,
consulting services, and seminars.
Some Subjects Included in the Contents are:
- Estimating, Accounting, & Contract Documents:
- Equipment accounting
- Equipment Acquisition Decisions
- Maintenance and Repair
- Heavy Construction Estimating
- Bulk Excavation Operation:
- Excavation Formulas and Calculations
- Preparing for Earthwork
- Earthmoving Methods
- Compaction Methods
- Rockmoving Methods
- Other Heavy Construction Operation:
- Crushing & Aggregate Manufacture
- Soil Stabilization
- Trenching & Pipes
- Augered Casings, Jacked Pipe and Tunnels
- Concrete and Bituminous Paving
- Structural Steel
- Vertical Concrete
- Piles and Piledriving
- Dozing and Ripping
- Motor Graders
- Power Shovels and Off Road Haulers
- Front-End Loaders
- Backhoe, Draglines, Gradalls, and Trenches
- Air Compressors
- Rock Drilling
- Concrete Conveyors
- Water Pumps
- Hazardous Waste:
- Site Assessment and Remediation
- Site investigations, etc.
Code No. 007944, 433 pages, $169.40
This item is listed under the following subjects:
Earthmoving & Construction
Home Page | Contents Page (Catalogue) | Information Pages | What's New | Links | Search Entire Site | Order Form
Plough Book Sales, P.O. Box 14, Belmont, Vic. 3216, Australia
Phone: 03 52661262 (International +61 3 52661262)
© 2001-2008, Plough Book Sales