Plough Book Sales
Online Catalogue last updated 9th of June 2016
Welding Technology Fundamentals by W.A & K.E. Bowditch
This book covers the equipment and techniques associated with the welding and cutting processes most widely used in industry today. These processes include: oxyfuel gas welding and cutting, shield metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding, flux cored arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding, and resistance welding. Technical information regarding weld inspection and testing, welder qualification, drawing interpretation, and welding symbols is also included. The text is organized into eight sections, which can be studied independently or in sequence. Written in easy-to-understand form, this text is extensively illustrated and includes many tables and charts for selecting the variables required to make a good weld.
- All terminology conforms with current American Welding Society approved usages.
- Extensive coverage of such specialized joining techniques as brazing, soldering, plastics welding, and pipe and tube welding.
- Increased emphasis on the importance of ventilation and respiratory protection.
- Provides both SI Metric and US Conventional measurements.
- Safety emphasized throughout text.
- In-chapter exercises provide hands-on experience of welding processes.
Safety in the Welding Shop - Introduction
- Welding and Cutting Processes
- Physics of Welding
- Weld Joints and Positions
- Oxyfuel Gas Welding Equipment and Supplies
- Oxyfuel Welding Equipment: Assembly and Adjustment
- OFW: Flat Welding Position
- OFW: Horizontal, Vertical and Overhead Welding Positions
- Oxyfuel Gas Cutting
- Brazing and Braze Welding
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding Equipment and Supplies
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding Equipment: Assembly and Adjustment
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding Electrodes
- SMAW: Flat Welding Position
- SMAW: Horizontal, Vertical and Overhead Welding Positions
- GMAW Equipment and Supplies
- Gas Metal Arc Welding Equipment: Assembly and Adjustment
- GMAW: Flat Welding Position
- GMAW: Horizontal, Vertical and Overhead Welding positions
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Equipment and Supplies
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Equipment: Assembly and Adjustment
- GTAW: Flat Welding Position
- GTAW: Horizontal, Vertical and Overhead positions
- Resistance Welding Equipment and Supplies
- Resistance Welding Procedures
- Special Welding and Cutting Processes
- Robotics in Welding
- Welding Plastics
- Welding Pipes and Tubes
- Welding Symbols
- Inspecting and Testing Welds
- Welder Certification
This is a good text book for the beginner and experienced welder alike. The American trade magazine "Anvil" commented "...a first-class comprehensive textbook on welding technology..." when it reviewed the book. 560 illustrations, 8½"x11".
Code No. 008132, 368 pages, ISBN 1605252565, $230.00
This item is listed under the following subjects:
Home Page | Contents Page (Catalogue) | Information Pages | What's New | Links | Search Entire Site | Order Form
Plough Book Sales, P.O. Box 14, Belmont, Vic. 3216, Australia
Phone: 03 52661262 (International +61 3 52661262)
FAX: 03 52662180 (International +61 3 52662180)
© 2001-2008, Plough Book Sales