Plough Book Sales
Online Catalogue last updated 11th of October 2017
The Evolution of The Heat Engine by Ivo Kolin
No Longer Available
This is an interesting book written by Ivo Kolin, Professor of Thermodynamics,
University of Zagreb. It presents a comprehensive catalogue of heat engines (anything
that produces movement from heat).
This book is an absolute must for the library of anyone interested in heat engines.
- Filled with rare information not available elsewhere.
- A masterpiece of technical illustration and historical documentation.
- Invaluable resource for scientists, engineers, model builders, inventors,etc.
- Written by the inventor of the low temperature differential Stirling engine.
- A superbly illustrated story of the development of heat engines.
- An oversized book with large clear drawings.
- Clear diagrams that describe engine construction and operation.
- Includes dimensions and test results from original historical sources.
- Detailed explanation of engine cycles and basic thermodynamic principles.
- Excellent source of ideas for new projects for model makers.
- Includes coverage of heat pumps and related thermal machines.
- Includes elementary thermodynamic calculations comparing engine cycles.
Engines described and illustrated in this book include:
- Hot Air Engines of Stirling, Ericsson, Joule, Meijer, Lehmann, Laubereau, Meijer and Philips.
- Internal Combustion Engines of Lenoir, Otto, Hugon, Brayton, Cayley, Buckett, Benier, Diesel,and Wankel.
- Steam Engines of Papin, Savery, Newcomen, Watt, Stephenson
- Rocket Engines of Tsiolkovsky, Goddard, V-2, H-1, F-1, and J-2
- Liquid Engine of Malone
- Heat Pumps & Cooling Engines of Giffard, Windhausen, Kohler,and Jonkers
- Mechanochemical Engine of Katchalsky
- Artificial Heart Engine of Martini
- Rotary Piston Engines
- Gas Turbine Cycles
The contents include:
- The Wankel Engine
- 16 other types of rotary motion engines
- Diesel Cycle
- Gas Turbine
- Schimdt's, Meijer's and Stirling cycles
- Phillips air Liquefier (reverse Stirling cycle)
- Nuclear powered stirling type artificial hart
- Guns (military Canons)
- Savery Steam Engine
- Newcomen Engines
- James Watt
- and much more.
This book is crammed full of interesting information on the design of and theory
behind all types of heat engines.
Code No. 008657, ISBN 0965245527
Home Page | Contents Page (Catalogue) | Information Pages | What's New | Links | Search Entire Site | Order Form
Plough Book Sales, P.O. Box 14, Belmont, Vic. 3216, Australia
Phone: 03 52661262 (International +61 3 52661262)
FAX: 03 52662180 (International +61 3 52662180)
© 2001-2008, Plough Book Sales