Plough Book Sales
Online Catalogue last updated 24th of July 2017
Machinery's Handbook 30th Edition CD-ROM version
This is the CD-ROM version of this popular 2,500+ page book.
The book is the metalworking industry's reference work. It contains useful, practical
and hard-to-find information on many manufacturing processes. It has
a wealth of information on basic maths, mechanics, tooling,
machining, fasteners, threads, gearing, bearings and engineering and
The 28th Edition by Oberg, Jones, Horton & Ryffel, McCauley, Heald & Hussain
Celebrating nearly 100 years as "The Bible of the Mechanical
Industries", the 28th edition brings together volumes of knowledge,
information and data gathered, revised and improved upon from
experts throughout the mechanical industries. Extraordinarily
comprehensive yet easy to use since it premiered, Machinery's
Handbook provides mechanical and manufacturing engineers,
designers, draftsmen, toolmakers, and machinists with a broad range
of material, from the very basic to the more advanced. It has always,
and continues to provide industry fundamentals and standards while
it moves into the 21st century with material reflecting technological
advances and offering vast editorial improvements, making the
28th edition the best tool ever!
- New sections on: CNC Numerical Controls (written by Peter Smidauthor
of CNC Programming Handbook), Manufacturing Data Analysis,
Fluid Mechanics, Distinguishing Bolts from Screws, Helical Coil Screw
Thread Inserts, Calculating Thread Dimensions, Lubrication, Ball and Acme
Leadscrews, and Shaft Alignment
- Revised material on: Properties, Treatment, and Testing of Materials;
Dimensioning; Gaging, and Measuring; Tool and Toolmaking;
- A very user-friendly format - readers will never have to search outside of
an area for information on the topic they are exploring
- Broad math coverage - from the basic to the advanced, you'll find fractions,
positive and negative numbers, derivatives and integrals, analytical
geometry, circular segments, matrices and engineering economics
- Updated Standards
- Individual indices for standards, materials, and interactive equations
The text is written in easy to understand language with specific
recommendations for most manufacturing processes.
Contains a host of information for the engineer and machinist.
- Strength of Materials
- Treatment and testing of materials
- Gaging and Measuring
- Tooling and Toolmaking
- Machining Operations
- Manufacturing Processes
- Threads and Threading
- Bearings and other machine elements
- Measuring Units and more.
This CD-ROM version adds state-of-the-art
electronic features to the complete text of "The Bible
of the Mechanical Industries".
- Boolean and proximity searches
- complete text search
- extensive support for book marking, journaling and annotation
- interlinks leading to related topics and examples
- zoom features for detailed viewing of figures and graphs
- cut and paste capabilities for inserting text and figures into other documents and programs
- and an expandable table of contents providing instant access to text, tables and illustrations.
Besides the complete 27th edition, this CD-ROM also contains important material from earlier editions of Machinery's Handbook. Extensive cross-referencing between CD-ROM and
Handbook make them ideal components.
Recommended minimum system requirements:
486 PC or compatible, Microsoft Windows 3.1/95/NT, 8 MB RAM, 9 MB HD space, 2x CD-ROM
drive, VGA monitor).
Code No. 008678, ISBN 9780831130930, $182.95
This item is listed under the following subjects:
Home Page | Contents Page (Catalogue) | Information Pages | What's New | Links | Search Entire Site | Order Form
Plough Book Sales, P.O. Box 14, Belmont, Vic. 3216, Australia
Phone: 03 52661262 (International +61 3 52661262)
FAX: 03 52662180 (International +61 3 52662180)
© 2001-2008, Plough Book Sales