Plough Book Sales
Online Catalogue last updated 16th of October 2013
Technology of Machine Tools by Steve Krar & Albert Check
This revised edition of the most widely used textbook in its field trains students to use conventional machine tools and introduces them to new and emerging manufacturing technologies and processes. It's written in an easy-to-understand style and features more than 1,000 line drawing and 500 photographs.
- All sections improved and updated, with inch and metric dimension conform to new ANSI/ASME standards.
- Updated and expanded CNC Machining and Turning Center sections, covering teaching size and industrial machines.
- Cutting tool technology on coated carbides, diamond and cubic boron nitride (CBN) expanded.
- New one-step direct iron and steel making processes that virtually eliminate pollution and lower production costs.
- An introduction to High Velocity Manufacturing and the space age Variaxa machining center.
- Coverage of the Thrillera combination tool that can drill, countersink, and tap either left or right hand threads in one operation.
- The LATHE section expanded with compound rest, tailstock, and modular tooling systems.
- A complete machine tool glossary of terms.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Machine Tools
- Machine Trade Opportunities
- Layout Tools and Procedures
- Hand Tools and Bench Work
- Metal-Cutting Technology
- Metal-Cutting Saws
- Drilling Machines
- The Lathe
- Milling Machines
- The Jig Borer and Jig Grinder
- Computer-Age Machining
- Special Processes
- Appendix of 20 Tables
Code No. 009306, 925 pages, ISBN 9780073510835, $168.95
This item is listed under the following subjects:
Home Page | Contents Page (Catalogue) | Information Pages | What's New | Links | Search Entire Site | Order Form
Plough Book Sales, P.O. Box 14, Belmont, Vic. 3216, Australia
Phone: 03 52661262 (International +61 3 52661262)
FAX: 03 52662180 (International +61 3 52662180)
© 2001-2008, Plough Book Sales