Plough Book Sales
Online Catalogue last updated 11th of September 2014
The Soho Engine Works 1796-1895 by Laurence Ince, ISSES Journal
This is Stationary Power No. 16, the Journal of the International Stationary Steam Engine Society.
This well researched and referenced journal covers the history of the Soho Engine Works. The Soho Engine Works was the factory operated by Boulton and Watt, and was significant in the early development of Watt's steam engine.
The contents include:
- Boulton and Watt
- The Soho Foundry 1796 - 1803
- Matthew Robinson Boulton and James Watt Junr.
- The work force at the Soho Foundry, 1796 - 1848
- Managers and Clerks at the Soho Foundry 1796 - 1848
- Products and Policy
- Henry Wallaston Blake and James Watt & Co.
- The Soho Stationary Steam Engines 1796 - 1848
- The Soho Marine Steam Engines 1804 - 1848
- The Brunel Engines
- The Engines of James Watt & Co. 1848 - 1895
- Mints and Minting Machinery
- Other Engineering Products
- Appendix 1 The Soho Stationary Steam Engines September 1796-1895
- Appendix 2 The Soho Marine Steam Engines 1804-1889
The appendix is quite interesting with a complete list of each engine manufactured over almost 100 years of the factory's operation. The list has been taken from company documents and cross referenced with other sources.
Code No. 009870, 133 pages, $48.00
This item is listed under the following subjects:
Home Page | Contents Page (Catalogue) | Information Pages | What's New | Links | Search Entire Site | Order Form
Plough Book Sales, P.O. Box 14, Belmont, Vic. 3216, Australia
Phone: 03 52661262 (International +61 3 52661262)
FAX: 03 52662180 (International +61 3 52662180)
© 2001-2008, Plough Book Sales