Plough Book Sales
Online Catalogue last updated 15th of August 2015
Stationary Steam Engines of Gt Britain Volume 6: The South Midlands Berkshire, Bristol, Buckinghamshire, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, Warwickshire & Worcestershire
This book belongs to the "Stationary Steam Engines of Great Britain Series"
The late George
Watkins is well known
for his magnificent life
time collection of
black and white photographs of stationary
steam engines. Building onto the book Textile Mill Engines, the
rest of his huge collection of over 1,500
engine photographs are
going to be published
on a geographical basis
in association with the
Record, with whom the
collection is deposited.
- All volumes are being produced in hardback
- They have extended caption and engine details.
- Full pages photographs, with details of the engine, dimensions, maker, etc.
- Extensive cross-referencing of locality, engine maker and engine type.
- Covers all type of use: mills, waterworks, mines, marine engines, canals, etc.
- The editor: Tony Woolrich has been cataloguing the collection for the last 10 years.
- There are also some photos of water wheels and other industrial materials such as forges, etc.
Code No. 010065, 256 pages, ISBN 1901522733, $96.50
This item is listed under the following subjects:
Home Page | Contents Page (Catalogue) | Information Pages | What's New | Links | Search Entire Site | Order Form
Plough Book Sales, P.O. Box 14, Belmont, Vic. 3216, Australia
Phone: 03 52661262 (International +61 3 52661262)
FAX: 03 52662180 (International +61 3 52662180)
© 2001-2008, Plough Book Sales